Whether a special event is on the way or you just want your skin looking its best every day, face scrubs are an easy and pleasant way to treat your skin to all kinds of wholesome benefits. But don’t worry, no need to troll through your local beauty store and spend your life savings on a bunch of expensive products to attain a faultless complexion – these DIY face scrubs are the beauty treasure you’ve been looking for!
Strawberry Face Scrub
We all want that brighter, fresher looking face, right? This homemade face scrub works amazing and really easy to make.
- Fresh Strawberries
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Cut your strawberries up into tiny pieces and then place in your sugar mixture. Using a spoon start smashing the strawberries together and mix it all together.
- Once everything is combined you’ll want to store it in an airtight container.
- When ready to use just get your face damp and run a nice amount all over your skin.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes and then rinse off with warm water. Remember pat dry, moisturize and enjoy.
Oatmeal Honey Face Scrub
Every now and again I feel like my face just needs a deep scrub when my daily cleanser alone can’t quite get the job done. This face scrub does the trick!
- Two parts oatmeal (ground up finely in a blender or food processor)
- One part honey
- One part sweet almond oil (coconut or olive oil – which ever you prefer)
- Mix everything together until it’s a thick sticky mixture.
- Feel free to add a little extra oil or even a few drops of water if it’s too sticky or clumpy.
- Smooth onto face and rub into skin for a couple of minutes and then rinse off.
Ginger and Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub
Want to rejuvenate your skin? Use this to exfoliate your face every other week or so in the winter to shed those dead skin cells. It’s like a homemade facia!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed oil (tea seed, jojoba, sunflower, or almond oil)
- 3/4 cup granulated or turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1-4 drops essential oil (I used lemongrass)
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add the coconut oil and ginger pieces and heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and press through a fine mesh sieve or coffee filter.
- While the oil is still warm, mix together with cold-pressed oil.
- Stir in sugar and salt. Scent with essential oils as desired. Pack into a container.
- Massage into damp skin and allow to sit 2-4 minutes. Using a washcloth covered in warm water, steam over face or stand in a steamy shower for a minute.
Lavender Coffee Scrub
The coffee in this scrub gives it a pretty brown colour, and has a lovely coffee smell. It’s such a wonderful way to take care of your skin, and is very easy and inexpensive to make!
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of ground coffee
- 4-6 drops lavender essential oilMethod
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Scoop into a Mason jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- To use, rub a small amount of your lavender coffee scrub onto wet skin using gentle circular motions.
- Then rinse well with warm water.
Aloe Green Tea Face Scrub
This scrub is bursting with green tea and aloe that is also super moisturizing so you don’t even need to put moisturizer on afterward. Your face is left feeling exfoliated and super smooth!
- 1/3 C. Coconut Oil
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Aloe Vera Jelly
- 2 Green Tea Bags
- 3-4 drops Vitamin E Oil (optional- just really good for your skin!)
- 5-6 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil (optional- great for keeping acne away)
- Cut open tea bags and add the dry tea to the rest of the ingredients, then mix.
- Add more or less sugar for more or less scrubby-ness, or just adjust the coconut oil.
- To use, rub a small amount of your scrub onto wet skin using gentle circular motions.
- Then rinse well with warm water.